The Extra Mile

The Extra Mile

Friday 6 March 2015

Final Day of Editing / 6th March

Today was the final day of editing as the deadline is at 4pm sharp. I came in at 9am so that I could spend all morning and lunch, making sure that everything was in place and that the correct titles were included. This took longer than expected as there were a few bad shots put into the film and our title sequence was far too long (3:50), so I had to remove some unnecessary footage. Also, whilst organising some of the shots, I disorganised some of the shots that went with the music as I wasn't watching carefully at what I was doing. Once I noticed the mistake I was making, I locked the music in place by clicking on the padlock on the far left hand side so that the soundtrack wouldn't be affected. Another aspect I changed was the title at the end of the film. Initially, we wanted to place the title at the end as it adds that special touch and almost serves as a finale to the sequence. However, after watching it all back, it looked too much like a trailer. Therefore, I moved the film title to it's correct place in the title sequence (after the second actor's name) and it looked much better. Overall, I think today has been a stressful day of trying to complete everything. Luckily, our film is finished and ready to be marked. I am personally not 100% happy with the outcome as I am a perfectionist myself and some of the shots we had were quite shaky and not 'smooth' enough. This could be an evaluation point and something that could have been changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment